Sunday, August 26, 2012

NYE Mystery -- Suggestions for quilting the 9 patch blocks



Today is a pretty Carolina sunny day. Am waiting for kids and mom for Sunday dinner. Dinner is in 3 crock pots. So just a few last minute chores and we will be ready to enjoy. 

This is the top my daughter pieced from our current New Year's Eve mystery. I am finally getting around to quilting it. The backing is the same blue paisley fabric. I love her fabric choices. Mine is top is not nearly as wonderful. My fabriccs were from my stash and her's was brand new. In fairness Jen didn't have any fabrics that would have worked so she really did need to go and purchase new.

I have quilted the sashing and like it so far. but I cannot decide what to do in those 9 patches. Any suggestions? Any suggestions? I would appreciate your input.


Love the sub patterns especially these cute polka dot squares.
Happy Sunday,






1 comment:

  1. If I were you, I would quilt the nine-patch areas in a little looser way, that is, more open and less densely quilted to balance what you have done already. What you did is lovelyand it will be a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete