Daughter Jennifer and I are working on a BOM (block of the month) quilt together. BOM is a program where you are sent only part of the quilt pattern and fabric each month. Usually the program lasts a year. This is such a program. But as with most BOM programs the quilt when finished will not be big enough for a queen let alone a king size bed, so we need to make more blocks.
We have been mulling this over since month one and had not come up with any ideas for addtional blocks.
By a happy chance, I mixed up an orientation of a set of motifs in one of the blocks and came up with an alternate block. We decided to make alternate blocks using the same motifs but a different arrangement.
We decided this was a good solution because the quilt would still have the same percent of color as in the original and none of the new blocks should stand out and look different than the original blocks.
|These are my blocks. In rows 2 and 3 you can see the reorientation of part of the motifs in each block. I like the differences and will be happy to see how the other blocks evolve.|
|Jennifer's blocks are on the left. She is looking forward to making her additional blocks in the near future.|