Thursday, February 13, 2014

Just say no!! and Winter storm Pax

Just say No!

When is enough enough? When is a knitting pattern too much hassle? and no fun anyway?

Over the past 4 or 5 days I have had a battle with a particular knitting pattern. It looks pretty and easy. Looks are deceiving.

Apparently at one point I found this pattern exciting enough to set it up on my Ravelry project page.

The chart was not readable, and the directions although clear were not easy.

I decided that I would have to beat this pattern, it would not beat me. So I did finally beat the pattern with the able assistance of DD Jennifer.

But in the end I decided to frog it instead of thinking I needed to complete what I had started. Why not? My yarn, my time, my decision.

It was liberating to just be finished with this and add one less unfinished knitting project to my life.

There are literally hundreds of patterns that will be just as pretty and more importantly FUN!




Closeup of the offending pattern

I won!!! 
As a fiber addict you can see that I have my priorities straight, knitting first and the storm of the decade, second.
Yes, this is the result so far of winter storm Pax.
We are still not out of the woods, At the moment we have snow and predictions are for rain this afternoon. More ice. I am grateful that we still have power and can just enjoy the snow day. All the kids are safely in their respective nests and hopefully none will have to work today.
Ice on the tree in my front yard, this poor tulip tree does not know what to do, I has budded several times this winter, poor tree.

front yard, this is a rare sight for South Carolina.

View from our screen porch. Very pretty, what you cannot see is the layer of ice under the new snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment