Thursday, February 13, 2014

First quilt finish 2014 --- Northwoods Diva

This quilt was made for my cousin Laurie Anne, who lives in Northern Wisconsin. She is indeed the Northwoods Diva. In the quilting I put her name and Northwoods diva. It is well hidden and was such fun to do. This was a fun finish, I can't wait to get the time to do more quilting. 
If you look closely you can see the Laurie in the upper right corner Northwoods follows. You will see the N for Northwoods it is above the e in Laurie. Down and at about a 45 degree angle you can see the capital A for Anne. Of course all of this is backwards since picture is taken of the back of the quilt. Please excuse the stray threads. This was taken before they were clipped,
If you look closely you can see Brainerd Lakes area. My mom and all her siblings were born in Brainerd Minnesota.
There is no picture of the finished quilt,,,,, this is the best I can come up with. What kind of a quilter doesn't photograph the finished quilt? I guess that would be me.
 

Closeup of some of my quilting
You can see how pretty these prints are close up

No comments:

Post a Comment