Sunday, September 17, 2017

Hats for 2017

Wow-- good to be back to blogging again. Life has had challenges since I last posted but things are good and life is good too.
Last year I donated 50 hats for cancer warriors and had planned to make 50 hats again this year. So finally I have started.

The patterns For Giving e-book are wonderful and always keep the hats fun. It's more of a formula than a pattern. It can be purchased on Ravelry.

You can find me as Mommabee on Ravelry.

There are options for the brim body and the decrease section at the crown.

It is easy to do a hat in a day, so there is hope for me to achieve my goal!!!

I'm experimenting to find a good size needle for the yarn. Since these patterns are meant to be extra warm many of the options use two strands of yarn.

The stitch on the body of the hats is called thermal stitch and it's warmer than just stockinette stitch.

Here are the first three. They are all adult size and the last two are an XL size.

 I am happiest with this hat. I used a size 8 needle. 

This hat is still really big. I used a size 9 needle

This hat is super large, but someone with a big noggin and lots of hair will be thrilled. I used a size 10 needle


No comments:

Post a Comment