Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy Tuesday

Daughter Jennifer came home with a book recently. That is not a rarity since Jen is an avid reader. However, this book peaked my interest. It is called The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. It looked friendly and inviting. It didn't look intimidating or look like you had to do many awful "positive lifestyle changes".

So it was worth a trip to Target and $12.00 to find out about such things.

Well, this book is AMAZING. In the first pages, I found myself nodding and agreeing with Gretchen. Yep, that was me. Oh and yes, that was for sure me. Oh my goodness in the first few pages I was hooked.  I cannot wait to start my happiness project.

Gretchen quotes many authors but she even brings up FlyLady, my mentor of over a decade. Now I was totally hooked.

For years I have talked about living the dream. I have had flashes of living the dream but they are always short-lived and fleeting. I haven't been able to figure out how to sustain success in this area.

So Jen and I are going to work on our happiness projects. We are going to live the dream.

It just occurred to me that I should not focus on "the" dream, but on "my dream". I can live my dream today. Just as I am, just as my life is...my dream my way!!!

Love and hugs